Raven Advisory’s introductory pistol course is designed to increase the skill level of the beginner pistol shooter. The course will consist of approximately 8 hours of instruction on firearm safety and the cognitive aspects of marksmanship and will include challenging drills from a variety of shooting positions and distances. Shooting drills are designed to improve both speed and accuracy and combat decision making with a pistol. Upon completion of the course students will possess an understanding of firearm safety and will be able to engage multiple targets at distances up to 25 meters.
2017 Course Dates:
- 23 September
- 21 October
- 18 November
- 16 December
Enabling Learning Objectives
- Cardinal rules of weapons safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- Firing from the draw
500 rounds of pistol ammunition per person (student furnished).
Show time is 7:30 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. We will break for a one hour lunch.
Individual equipment (student furnished):
- Pistol with a minimum of 2 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Hat and sun screen
- Rain or inclement weather gear
Students will receive 8 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITAR REGULATIONS, ONLY US CITIZENS WILL BE ACCEPTED TO PARTICIPATE IN RAVEN ADVISORY COURSES.