This course is designed for the experienced pistol and carbine shooter who desires to learn a variety of tactical applications involving both firearms. The course will consist of approximately 16 hours of instruction on firearm safety and the cognitive aspects of marksmanship and will include challenging drills from a variety of shooting positions and distances. Shooting drills are designed to improve both speed and accuracy and combat decision making with a carbine/rifle. Upon completion of the course the student will have a thorough understanding of firearms safety and marksmanship fundamentals and how to tactically maneuver and engage multiple targets from a variety of firing positions with both pistol and carbine.
2017 Course Dates:
- 16-17 September
- 14-15 October
- 11-12 November
- 9-10 December
Enabling Learning Objectives
- Cardinal rules of weapons safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Fundamentals of pistol and rifle marksmanship
- Operation and manipulation of the AR-15 type rifle/carbine
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- Engaging multiple threats
- Multiple shots / multiple targets Drills
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting from barricades & covered positions
- Efficient training methodology and drills
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of Raven Advisory Introductory Pistol or Carbine Course
- Active Law Enforcement or Military
- USPSA “C” Classification or higher
- IDPA Sharpshooter Classification or higher
800 rounds of pistol and 700 rifle ammunition per person (student furnished).
Show time each day is 7:30 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. We will break for a one hour lunch.
Individual equipment (student furnished):
- Rifle/Carbine with 3 magazines
- Pistol with 5 magazines
- Eye and ear protection
- Hat, gloves and sun screen
- Load bearing equipment LBE
- Optical Sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
Students will receive 16 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITAR REGULATIONS, ONLY US CITIZENS WILL BE ACCEPTED TO PARTICIPATE IN RAVEN ADVISORY COURSES.